National Sales Manager – Wilsonville, OR
The National Sales Manager is responsible for developing and executing aggressive strategies to achieve sales goals and objectives for the U.S. commercial sales operation. This position is responsible for driving revenue goals, developing strategic customers, and executing CTC's sales activities focused on the direct sales channel: independent retail outlets, buy groups, national and regional sporting goods chains, and online outlets. Regional Sales Managers will directly report to the National Sales Manager. The National Sales Manager is directly responsible for the management and leadership of the field sales staff, and sales rep agencies. Reports to the Director of Sales.
- Formulate, develop and implement effective multi-channel sales strategies that reach our key target customers.
- Manages performance of Regional Sales Manager to achieve targeted goals. Develop and implement tools to monitor performance.
- Mentor and council Regional Sales Manager to achieve success.
- Utilizing CTC's national field sales force, the National Sales Manager maintains contacts with key dealers and large customers to develop and implement sales growth programs for independent retailers, buy groups, and other large customers.
- Works closely with the Director of Sales and Key Accounts Manager's to service accounts and drive sales of CTC's OEM products and aftermarket SKUs.
- Lead, coach, develop, and motivate the field sales force and independent rep groups to exceed company goals for customer reach and frequency.
- Provide training, coaching and skills assessment tools and resources to enhance sales execution and performance.
- Travel with field sales force at least monthly, in addition to key customer visits and trade shows.
- Direct the creation, implementation and tracking of key sales performance metrics for the field sales force and independent rep group sales forces.
- Manage employee incentive compensation programs, sales commissions, and employee development needs.
- Work in concert with marketing department to develop specific marketing and sales growth plans for each sales territory utilizing Co-Op, Market Development Funds, and point-of-purchase materials, sales collateral, online training tools, product displays and other retail tools. Assist with allocation tracking and management of Advertising & Promotional budget.
- With Key Accounts Manager and Director of Sales, develop and track quarterly revenue goals by customer and sales territory in support of annual commercial revenue goals.
- Develop, track and report to management key revenue, expense, customer contact and other metrics.
- Assist Director of Sales with monthly sales forecast update, and annual revenue and expense budget.
- Provide input and direction to product development team regarding industry trends, competitors, customer and end-user product needs.
- Along with the Director of Sales and Key Accounts Manager, assist with planning and implementation of the semi-annual sales meeting.
- Maintain proactive interaction with Customer Service, Marketing and Product Development to maximize sales leverage through all departments.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination education and experience.
- Ten years progressive sales experience required
- Minimum 3 years progressive sales leadership and management required.
- Must live in local Portland, Oregon area.
- Ability and desire to travel 40% - 50% annually.
- Experience and familiarity with the firearms accessories market and channels of distribution (or similar industry), including distributors, independent retail stores, big-box sporting goods chains, buy groups, internet resellers and OEM customers.
- A proven track record of success achieving sales growth goals, gross margin and profitability objectives.
- Experience leading and/or managing field sales personnel, including in-house staff, rep groups and agencies.
- Statistical and analytical experience in reporting performance and key sales data and metrics.
- Sales reporting and tracking experience in two-step distribution channels.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Proven leadership skills are necessary and required.
- Job requires concentrated visual and auditory attention for sustained periods of time.
- Job may require occasional exposure to dust, fumes, and the inherent dangers of a shooting range environment.
- Job may require occasional exposure to environments with high levels of noise.
- Job may require lifting from 5 to 40 pounds occasionally.
Benefits include competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for employee and qualifying dependents as well as 401(k) with company match, Profit Sharing plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, product discounts, and generous paid time off.
Link to apply: