S&W Seeks Candidates for Sales
Smith & Wesson is seeking candidates for District Sales Manager. The position covers states within the territory – Texas, Oklahoma and Colorado – and the successful candidate will reside within the territory.
District Sales Manager (TX, OK, & CO)
Successful candidate must reside in territory (TX, OK, or CO) or willing to relocate to assigned territory without relocation assistance.
This is a road sales position for a given geographical area in the US. Substantial travel is mandatory; averaging 10- 16 nights per month. Monitor all Law Enforcement sales opportunities within region. Demonstrate, show and service S&W products to all LE agencies at the city, state and federal level. Maintain accurate records of sales duties and initiatives. Work with S&W Academy Field Training Group to get proper training for new and existing customers. Communicate information between HQ and field to maximize sales potential. Represent Company transmitting corporate image, good business practices and ethics. Report on LE market activity and recommend products, prices and programs to maximize market penetration. Communicate market trends. Liaise with other LE Regional Managers to optimize customer relations. Operate within budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties include the following - other duties may be assigned:
- Establish and maintain effective business contacts with LE Distribution Network (LE Dealers and Distributors). Coordinate shooting demonstrations and training for all LE customers within territory.
- Effectively, manage a large geographic territory with at least 500 direct police agency contacts.
- Prepare US Municipal Solicitations for bid and information while operating within all state, local and county laws and ordinances.
- Manager will partner with S&W legal team to coordinate approval of all municipal sales and service contracts.
- Create annual dealer and distributor contracts designed to effectively manage sales within a multi-state territory.
- Personally observe and assist in the selling function.
- Create presentations and speak to large audiences up to 50 or more police officers, procurement agents and publicly elected officials.
- Teach/ Instruct Armorer and Law Enforcement Firearms Transitional Training classes.
- Present new products and programs enthusiastically and effectively.
- Perform rifle, pistol and warranty repairs.
- Attend and orchestrate sales meetings, planning meetings, product demonstrations, and large multi- agency live fire shooting presentations.
- Consolidate, analyze and communicate market data to HQ and current T&E agencies. Demonstrate to potential and new agencies adopting S&W pistols, rifles and revolvers.
- Communicate regulation changes, changes in account, corporate direction and competitor activities
- Investigate and resolve complaints
- Prepare and continuously reevaluate a regional sales plan.
- Operate within all US Government Fair Acquisition Regulations.
Benefits include competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for employee and qualifying dependents as well as 401(k) with company match, Profit Sharing plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, product discounts, and generous paid time off.
Link to apply: