Turnbull Introduces Limited Edition "Wild Bunch" Model 1911
"I have always loved the 1911 pistol and as a SASS member, the best known single action firearm design is a natural fit," noted company founder, president and SASS Member Turnin' Bull. "We have added the personalization features that are important to Single Action Shooters."
Each of the pistols will have "Wild Bunch" engraved on the right side of the slide, with the SASS member's Official Alias on the left. In addition, the membership number will be used as the serial number.
"The ability to do honor both SASS and the timeless 1911 design was too good to not grab by the horns," commented Turnbull, "and that just pushed us to be better. We like that kind of challenge."
Turnbull is widely regarded as America's top restorer's of vintage 1911 pistols and other vintage firearms, using era specific methods to ensure restorations are accurate and true to the time the pistol was first manufactured. Those skills in restoration have been focused on deigning this new pistol using modern methods and materials where appropriate while adding modern safety and reliability without compromising design.
The pistols may be ordered by SASS members via the Turnbull web site at www.turnbullmfg.com with delivery via an FFL in the purchaser's locale. Non-members should first visit the SASS web site at www.sassnet.com for information about membership.
Some features of the "Wild Bunch" Model 1911 by Turnbull Mfg. Co. include:
• Forged frame with appropriate shape and style
• A1 style rear sight, standard front sight
• Safety lock is an early style, with a knurled undercut thumb-piece
• Short, wide spur hammer with standard checkering
• Early style slide stop
• Two tone magazine
• Hand checkered, double diamond wood grips
• Pistol is hand-polished in the same manner as an original early mid-teens vintage pistol
• Period-correct Carbonia Charcoal Bluing on all parts
• Circled Turning Bull trademark on left of slide behind serrations
• Inspector's mark from Doug Turnbull (TMC Owner/Founder)
• "Wild Bunch" Engraved on Right Side
• SASS Alias Engraved on Left Side
• SASS Member # used for Serial Number
• MSRP $1,950.00 with a Special Introductory price of $1,750.00
Entering their 30th year, Turnbull Manufacturing has maintained a strong commitment to building firearms the way they used to be built. Founder and CEO Doug Turnbull is best known for his mottled color case hardening which stands out as the most striking and unique. Turnbull offers other reproductions as well as a full array of the finest and most respected restoration services in the shooting trade. Please visit us at www.turnbullmfg.com