ENVIRON-Metal, Inc.®, makers of HEVI-Shot® (Sweet Home, Oregon) introduces;
HEVI-Shot® is retiring its venerable Classic Doubles line of soft tungsten shotshells, and replacing the line with HEVI-Bismuth™, a product new for 2019 that remains safe for classic shotguns but is also a powerful hunting load for use in any shotgun.
HEVI-Bismuth™ comes in waterfowl and upland game shotshells, and offers these features and benefits:
- 100% nontoxic bismuth pellets at 9.6 g/cc density (22% denser than steel)
- With a Vickers hardness of 7, bismuth shot is as safe for all shotgun barrels as lead
- With high charge weights and robust velocities, these are terrific hunting shotshells with substantial downrange lethality. Shoot one size larger than lead and re-live the lead days!
- HEVI-Bismuth™ comes in every gauge from 10-ga to .410-ga
- Additional features:
- A thicker base wad, which surprisingly enough, turns out to be a key factor in reliable functioning of semi-automatic shotguns. HEVI-Shot® discovered this relationship by analyzing customer data for tens of millions of shotshells.
- Custom, clean-burning propellants
- A new, higher brisance primer that improves cold weather performance by boosting the ignition force so that the propellant reaches pressure more reliably.
- Bismuth pellets cast in our own foundry alongside our tungsten alloys.
To summarize, when you chamber a new HEVI-Bismuth™ shotshell, you will experience:
- More lethality at longer range than you can get with steel alone, or any HEVI-Shot® products except HEVI-X® and HEVI-Shot®
- A gauge and charge weight for every wing shooter, from 410-gauge to 10-gauge
- Fewer wounded birds
- More reliable gun function in semi-automatic shotguns
- Improved cold weather performance
- Nontoxic shotshells safe for use in any shotgun
Established in 2000, Environ-Metal, Inc.®, based out of Sweet Home, OR, are the makers of HEVI-Shot®, HEVI-Metal®, HEVI-X®, HEVI-Steel®, HEVI-Snow™, and HEVI-Duty® buck shot, HEVI-Duty® centerfire ammunition and bullets.
For more information contact:
Michael Narus, VP of Sales and Marketing