Olin Winchester, LLC (“Winchester”), considered one of the world’s leading ammunition manufacturers,?is seeking a Territory Sales Manager - Midwest. This position will be remote with the successful candidate to reside within their sales territory. With a reputation steeped in tradition, we have earned the moniker, ‘The American Legend’ by delivering on our commitment to excellence in everything we do – including staffing our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities with diverse, energetic employees. Read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity and join our quest for the best.
To apply, please visit www.olin.com/careers or Territory Sales Manager Job Link
- Midwest Territory: Central/Eastern Missouri, Southeastern Iowa, Western Illinois.
- Meet/exceed monthly and yearly Winchester Ammunition & Browning Ammunition sales volume targets for assigned territory.
- Act as a Brand Ambassador by participating and attending industry or special events as assigned including some weekends and extended hours during the week.
- Build a territory sales development plan that ensures key accounts are contacted on a regular basis.
- Develop account sales and marketing strategies for Wholesale / Buying Group Dealers / Full Line Dealers.
- Implement approved sales programs for assigned territory & meet goals for assigned territory.
- Identify product gaps in key accounts within territory and expand product placement.
- Implement and execute the marketing support program for assigned territory.
- Successfully execute quarterly wholesale, dealer, range, retail chain promotions as necessary and assigned.
- Plan and execute quarterly Winchester Ammunition & Browning Ammunition promotional events with the key accounts for assigned territory and as assigned by supervisor.
- Monitor and report on competitive activity.
- Conduct product demonstrations as necessary and assigned.
- Investigate and work w/ product services, credit services, or other departments to resolve customer issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Preference in Business Administration, Sales, and Marketing or related field with a minimum of 3 years’ recent experience in a sales, marketing, or customer service role with a branded products leader, preferably in the sporting good product category.
Minimum 10 years’ recent experience in a sales, marketing, or customer service role with a branded sporting goods product leader.
- Residence within the assigned/defined territory is required; with preference given to St. Louis, MO; Columbia, MO; Springfield, MO; and East Alton, IL areas.
- Ability to sit in a vehicle or and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and move up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple priorities under minimal supervision.
- Strong customer orientation.
- High performance team experience and the desire to be a strong team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a strong command of the English language, both verbal and written communications.
- Exceptional skills in MS Office Suite -- Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Must have no employment restrictions such as non-compete in place.
- Significant travel required (approximately 50%).
- SAP software experience preferred.
- Firearms and Ammunition proficiency preferred.
- This position requires successful vetting as an Employee Possessor in accordance with U.S. Department of Justice and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
- This position requires access to ITAR controlled technical data, and as such, employment will be contingent upon the candidate's ability to access ITAR controlled technical data pursuant to an export license approved by the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, if required.
What’s in it for you?
Many of our employees have been with us for decades. We constantly strive, however, to bring new people with new points of view into the company. Your career is important to us, and we work with you to create development plans that help you achieve your career goals.
Our employees enjoy the following employment enhancements and more:
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance effective Day 1
- Fertility Benefits (lifetime maximum $25,000)
- 401(k) with an employer match and Olin retirement contribution account
- Accelerated vacation accrual
- Volunteer Paid Time Off Program
- Short term incentive program participation
- Alternate work schedules (location/role specific)
- Employee Ammunition Purchase Program
Winchester is one of three proud business units of Olin Corporation. Olin began in 1892 and has steadily grown to become an industry leader in both ammunition and chemicals manufacturing. Winchester, Olin Chlor Alkali Products & Vinyls and Olin Epoxy employ approximately 8,000 professionals in more than 20 countries with customers in nearly 100 countries around the globe.
*This list is not intended to be all-inclusive.
*Olin does not provide any form of sponsorship to applicants not authorized to work in the US.
**Degree must be from a school that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the Secretary of Education of the U.S. Department of Education or equivalent program from an international university.
Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.