CAMP PERRY, OH - The Civilian Marksmanship Program has announced the cancellation of the following marksmanship and training events due to health concerns brought on by the COVID-19 virus that is causing travel and logistical difficulties across the country. The CMP made the decision to alter the scheduling of these events in the best interest of the participants, families, spectators and staff in attendance at these popular events. More information will follow as it develops.
* CMP National JROTC Championship - Camp Perry, OH (March 19-21)
This championship event will continue as a postal match with finals. Details will be emailed to teams and coaches as soon as they are finalized.
* CMP 3-P Regional Airgun Championship - Camp Perry, OH - Sandy, UT - Anniston, AL
(March 26-28 and April 2-4)
These regional events will continue as postal matches with finals. Details will be emailed to teams and coaches as soon as they are finalized.
* CMP 3-P Air Rifle Junior Summer Camps and Clinics Program - Multiple Locations
(June, July and August)
On the Watch List:
* CMP 3P Air Rifle National Championship - Camp Perry, OH (Sporter - June 25-27 and Precision July 11-13)
At this point the CMP is planning to conduct the CMP National 3-P Championship in June and July, but will be monitoring the situation and will announce additional cancellations if needed.
To Be Conducted as Scheduled:
* The Western CMP Games and HP Matches at Ben Avery Shooting Facility, AZ
Participants need to be mindful of sound general health practices to help prevent communication of the virus (frequent hand washing, social distance with others, etc.).
The Western Games begin Friday, March 13 and conclude Sunday, March 22.